Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Are you living in the past?

Remember the phrase “those who don’t learn from the past live there”. It makes a lot of sense right!

Think about this!
Burying the past things that have happened is a crucial part people’s lives. If there dead issues there is no need to hold onto them. There’s no reason to beat a dead horse, but what about the things that we bury alive?

You see there’s things present in my life today because of what happened back then that still influence me. Don’t get me wrong I’m a new creation in Christ 2 Corinthians 5:17, but I can’t bury them because I have not released/dealt with them fully.

Ever been in a psychologist’s appointment? They don’t drag up old things to taunt and hinder people; rather use the information from the past to determine the extent of which it’s alive in the unconscious today. Have you ever refused to look in your past because you still feel trapped in it?

For me I know exactly where certain traits come from and deal with them today. Visit your unconscious clean it out and make way for what’s next. If you don’t then all you have is old beliefs never allowing yourself to experience the new ones. This is why He said…↙

Luke 9:60 says “let the dead bury their own dead”. Jesus had no desire for people stuck in their unexamined past, they are useless to Him. Let the old things be buried, work on the ones that are still alive, and make way for the new.

“Those who don’t learn from the past live there”.

No comments:

Post a Comment